ASSET Membership Information
Active Member – Must be an OT/PT/ATC with minimum of 3 years clinical experience with at least 30% workload in shoulder or elbow. Within the first three years of membership must attend and present at an Annual Meeting.
Senior Member – Active members upon reaching the age of 65 or upon retirement from active healthcare or other scientific practice shall be eligible to become Senior Members.
International Member – Must have a degree in physical or occupational therapy and reside outside of North America with a minimum of 3 year of orthopedic experience.
Affiliate Member – Must have a degree in a related field (i.e., medicine, exercise physiology, biometrics, etc.) and minimum of 3 years of experience related to the shoulder and elbow.
Candidate Member – Previously enrolled in ASSET as a Student Member and now currently practicing within 3 years of graduation; at least 30% of workload must be in shoulder and elbow (bridge to Active Membership).
Student Member – Must be currently enrolled in an OT/PT/ATC program and committed to the founding and guiding principles of ASSET (as determined through a written statement of interest).
- Subscription to the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (option to defer)
- Participation in ASSET Annual Meeting at Member rates
- Networking and education from the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- ASSET Member fellowship
- Clinical and managerial mentorship from ASSET members
- Discounted continuing education programming
ASSET members are required to attend and present at an Annual Meeting within the first 3 years of joining ASSET. Following this, members may select one of two routes to maintain membership: attend and present at an ASSET Annual Meeting at least once every 3 years, OR attend and present at an ASSET Annual Meeting at least once every 5 years AND provide service for at least 2 years on an ASSET Committee Chair. The focused nature of our group relies on members who volunteer their time and resources on special projects, Board service, and through committee participation. Without this member involvement, we would be unable to remain a leading international resource for shoulder and elbow rehabilitation.
ASSET Membership Dues are paid annually. Dues are currently $225 per year ($125 for students).
- $25.00 application fee (non-refundable)
- Signed application form
- Statement of interest
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Copy of license or diploma
- Letter of recommendation from Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, or Athletic Trainer
- Letter of recommendation from a licensed physician
Interested in becoming a member? Refer to the application checklist.
Not ready to join, but would like to check out ASSET?
- Attend our Annual Meeting – Our Annual meeting is typically held in October at a different city each year and is a great way for you to experience what ASSET is all about. At the meeting you can listen to all the latest information and research pertaining to the shoulder and elbow from other ASSET members as well as from surgeons from our partner organization ASES. It’s also a great way to meet and network with other professionals within the shoulder and elbow field.
- Join our mailing list – By joining our mailing list, we will send you information on upcoming webinars, Annual Meetings and CE courses that are open to non-members. The price to attend would be higher for non-members, but it is a great way to learn about everything ASSET has to offer. If you would like to join our mailing list, please email ASSET@affinity-strategies.com and include the following information: name, phone number, email address, city and state.
Questions? Email: ASSET@affinity-strategies.com
Already a member? Renew your membership here.